Edward E. VassalloOf Counsel, New York
Edward E. Vassallo is involved in all aspects of patent, trademark and unfair competition litigation, including trials and appeals, in the chemical, mechanical and computer fields, and in oppositions, licensing and opinion work, for clients including S.C. Johnson & Son, Electrolux, Phillips-Van Heusen, Calvin Klein, Inc., Johnson Outdoors, Dreyfus, Revlon, Exxon and IBM. Mr. Vassallo also has had extensive experience in advising clients regarding the intellectual property aspects of mergers, acquisitions and divestitures. He is past President of the New York Intellectual Property Law Association.
Awards and Recognition
Mr. Vassallo is listed in the International Who's Who of Trademark Lawyers, was named by Euromoney Legal Media Group as one of the world's leading trademark law practitioners in 2003, 2006, 2008, and 2009 editions and was selected as a leading intellectual property law practitioner in every edition since 2003 of the Best Lawyers in America. He was also listed in Legal 500 2008-2013 for Trademarks: litigation and 2012 for Patent litigation: full coverage and Trademarks: litigation and 2012-2014 for Trademarks: non-contentious (full coverage). He was also listed as a Top New York City Intellectual Property Litigator in the 2006-2014 issues of Super Lawyers: New York Metro Edition. Mr. Vassallo was recognized in the PLC Which Lawyer 2011 edition a top IP non-patent litigation attorney.
What Others Say:
- “is thorough, knowledgeable and precise…always gives advice and executes projects we give him in a manner that yields positive results” (Best Lawyers 2014)
- “is a skilled and thoughtful litigator…his cordial demeanor adds to his role as counselor” (Best Lawyers 2014)
“…Ed Vassallo’s oral advocacy skill [is] outstanding” (Best Law Firms 2013-2014)
- “absolutely outstanding – he is thoughtful, considered, courteous and impressively prepared” (Legal 500 2012/2013)
- “a fantastic and tenacious lawyer” (Legal 500 2009)
- clients single him out as ‘an outstanding individual’ [and] use him ‘just like one would use a rabbi’ (Legal 500 2008)
J.D., cum laude, Fordham University, 1973
M.A., Mechanical Engineering, Columbia University, 1967
B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Columbia University, 1965
State of New York, 1974; U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal, Second and Third Circuits; U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York; U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan; U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
American Bar Association; Past President, New York Intellectual Property Law Association; Association of the Bar of the City of New York; Federal Circuit Bar Association
"Effective Deposition Technique," IP Litigator, 1999.
"Trademark Law and Practice," The American Legal Yearbook, 1996.
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- T (212) 218-2241
- F (212) 218-2200
- Outlook vCard
- E-mail this page
- Print PDF (Short Bio)